Wi-Fi in Halls
Wi-Fi is available in public spaces and most bedrooms within University Halls of Residence.
As well as connecting to the Wi-Fi there are also points where you can connect to the network using an ethernet cable.
Please note, you CANNOT connect home hubs or routers to the network.
By using University IT services, you agree to abide by the University of Liverpool IT Acceptable Use Policy:
- Protect your IT account and don't share your password - you're responsible for all activity on your IT account.
- Use the IT services responsibly and with respect for other Users. Do not download copyright protected material unless specifically authorised by copyright holder.
- Use of IT facilities is logged and monitored for system maintenance, security and to meet legal and policy requirements.
- Protect your IT device with up to date antivirus software and operating system.
- Safeguard your information, use the University IT facilities to store it securely.
- Report IT concerns via the CSD self-service portal.
Unfortunately, eduroam is not widely supported by Wi-Fi printers. You can use the University printers from your own laptops, tablets and mobiles with our Print Anywhere service.
Unfortunately, games consoles are not supported by the eduroam Wi-Fi network. However, you can use them by connecting them using our wired network.
Online gaming is allowed in residence but indivudal user support for getting your console connected is limited. We will investigate problems where we can but if your console does not work "out-of-the-box", try checking the support advice and services for your particular games console.